|Scottish Shortbread Men!|
Only a few days till Christmas! As if you didn't know right? Have you done your baking? NO??!! Good! Because I have a recipe for you that is SO easy and delicious that it'll make your tongue slap your brain! Put away the refrigerated cookie dough from Pillsbury. Less time making cookies means more time decorating cookies! Scottish shortbread has a crispy yet tender crumb. This is such a great alternative if your not a fan of gingerbread. How can you go wrong when there is a pound of butter in the recipe? You can't. You just can't.
This recipe is especially great if you forgot to make something for the company Christmas party. While I didn't decorate these cuz I like my shortbread strait up you could easily dipped these in white or dark chocolate or maybe even throw in some pecans or walnuts into the dough. Toss some sprinkles into the mix and bling blang you have yourself some great looking homemade cookies that will please even the most critical of pallets. Need something pretty to put these puppies in? Try these holiday treat boxes.
|The Making of Scottish Shortbread!|
- 4 sticks real butter, room temp
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla together.
- Add flour and knead for 5 minutes.
- Dust a pastry board with flour and roll out dough so its 3/4".
- Cut out into shapes with cookie cutters (dip in flour to prevent sticking) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325 oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Decorate the dickens out of them!
|A Stack O' Scottish Shortbread Men!|