Some of you may remember I reviewed a BEKA Eco-Logic Fry Pan a little while back. Well..they sent me a Crepe Pan. Was I happy???
That's a big fat YES!
NUTELLA + DESSERT WARS= NUTELLA CREPE CAKE
This was the first time I ever ever made a crepe.
It wasn't hard at all.
But I think it may be because of the pan....and not so much my skillz.
This was a lot heavier than other crepe pans I have seen in stores.
The heat distributed like a dream even with my crappy stove.
My next investment is going to be a crepe spreaders so they don't come out so thick.
I'm done with Nutella for this month cuz I've been working out and I don't want to ruin the work I've done! I want to be Momma Cupcake because I make cupcakes not because I look like one. I gave myself a 2 jar limit. 1 jar for the cream puffs and 1 jar for the crepe cakes. Too bad I didn't get a third jar.
Chocolate Nutella Crepe Cake by Momma Cupcake
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsps pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temp
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Chocolate for coating.
- In your stand mixer or blender combine all batter ingredients till smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the meantime make frosting. In your stand mixer combine butter and Nutella until well incorporated.
- On a slow speed at powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Add milk and beat until frosting is smooth and light in color.
- Set aside. Lightly grease a your crepe pan and place on medium heat.
- Pour 3 tbs of the batter into the pan and swirl to cover the pan evenly.
- Cook until crepe begins to bubble and brown a little and is set.
- Flip the crepe and cook for another 10 seconds.
- Transfer onto parchment paper.
- As each crepe is completed add another piece of paper to prevent sticking.
- I used a mini tart pan to cut out shapes from the crepe.
- Frost cooled crepes except for top layer.
- When done pop them in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Dip in chocolate.