Recently I received some money for participation in the Wilton Pops in a Post Challenge even though I didn't win. I had a $100 to spend. Normally I NEVER have this kind of cash to blow. I beyond thankful to Wilton for this. I saw on my facebook feed that Crate & Barrel was having a free shipping event. It was my time to pounce! Normally Crate & Barrel has great shipping..I kid you not...it's the best I have seen when it comes to retail shipping. But free meant I could get more stuff. I was like a kid in a candy store. I had such a hard time deciding what I would get! Then my eyes settled on this puppy:
|Waring Pro 2qt Deep Fryer $49.99 at Crate and Barrel|
I heard Mufasa's voice from the Lion King say,
"It is time."
|24 Cup Cupcake Carrier from Crate and Barrel $24.99|
Course I offered him more.
Deep Fried Jalapeno Poppers by Momma Cupcake
2 pkgs of cream cheese, room temp
1 cup flour
1cup ice cold water
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup strawberry preserves
1 lemon, juiced
- For tempura batter combine flour, water, egg and baking soda and mix till a thick consistency.
- Put in refrigerator until its time to fry.
- Slit open jalapenos on one side and scoop out pith with a grape fruit spoon.
- With a teaspoon squish the cream cheese into the jalapenos and close the two side of it together.
- Dip Jalapenos in dry flour then dip in tempura.
- Deep fry till golden brown on 400 degrees.
- In small sauce pan stir preserves and juice together on medium heat until liquidy goodness.